Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Rv parks near airport at Atlanta, Ga
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

BAC Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Rv parks near airport at Atlanta, Ga Moderators: LarryNCarolynShirk

Rv parks near airport at Atlanta, Ga  This thread currently has 2,702 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Wayne Baumann
July 17, 2011, 9:44pm Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 7 days 6 hours 24 minutes
I am looking for a Rv park in the Atlanta, Ga area preferably somewhere near the airport in the southern part of Atlanta. It would be nice to be big rig friendly for a 42 ft 4 slide rv. Need the site this fall for a month or so. Thanks                  Eidella Baumann
Logged Offline
Private Message
Robert Mathis
July 18, 2011, 12:31pm Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Time Online: 107 days 15 hours 30 minutes
There's a fairly nice RV park South of the Airport, "Atlanta South". It's off exit 222 on I-75. I've stayed there a couple of times when we go to visit my wife's aunt and uncle. I guess it's about 20 minutes South of the airport. The only other park we've used is Allatona Landing, but it's North of Atlanta.

2007 Contessa
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 7
Richard And Babs Ames
July 18, 2011, 1:06pm Report to Moderator

BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 19 minutes
We have stayed at Atlanta South a few times and some of the sites were pretty tight. Ther are a  lot of longer stay tenants there as they are working on projects arround Atlanta. My son is currently at the Cartersville KOA and has stayed at the Forsyth KOA. They would be more of a commute but may be nicer. My sons review of Cartersville is " Clean, Open,Nice Pool and walking trail and would stay again".

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ is a comprehensive stie and you can get reviews of the area. We also use google maps/earth and the satelitte feature to look as the access roads and get an idea of what we are in for.

1997 Beaver Patriot
3126B  CAT  
South Central FL
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 2 - 7
Louis Williams
July 19, 2011, 2:03am Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Time Online: 4 days 18 hours 41 minutes
We had friends returning to upstate New York from Florida in late March. They stayed at "Atlanta South" overnight. They said they would never stay there again. There is a state park a few miles south of there which would be closer than the Forsyth KOA.  I believe it is High Falls State Park.

Louis Williams
06 Monterey
Seagrove Beach, Florida
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 7
Keith Cooper
July 19, 2011, 12:54pm Report to Moderator

Laissez les bons temps rouler
BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Time Online: 29 days 16 hours
Having lived in the Atlanta area for the last few years, there is one thing you should be aware of.  Once school is back in session, traffic in the area is miserable, no matter which side of town you are on.
If you are planing on spending much time in the city, Marta is an excellent way to get around town. However, I would not recommend parking a car at any of the Marta stations on the south side of the city.  As a reference, here are some of the other RV parks in the Atlanta area:

Holiday Harbor Marina & Resort - Acworth, GA
Allatoona Landing Marine Resort - Cartersville, GA
Cartersville KOA - Cartersville, GA
Red Top Mtn. State Park and Lodge - Cartersville, GA
Lake Lanier Islands Resort Campground - Lake Lanier Islands, GA
Atlanta Marietta RV Resort - Marietta, GA
Atlanta South RV Resort - McDonough, GA
Jones RV Park - Norcross, GA
Ghost Hill Campground - Stone Mountain, GA
Stone Mountain Heights RV & MH Park - Stone Mountain, GA
Stone Mountain Park - Stone Mountain, GA
Fort Yargo State Park - Winder, GA

Keith & Eileen Cooper
2000 Patriot Thunder
(425 HP Cat)
Titusville
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 7
Richard And Babs Ames
July 19, 2011, 12:58pm Report to Moderator

BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 19 minutes
Have been at High Falls State Park,  They do have sites that would accommodate a larger rig, but do not let them put you in the eastern side (back) of the campground, as the access has a hard turn, with an elevation change of at least 4 feet. There was no sewer hook up.  Just a dump station, which is normal at most state parks in GA and FL.  

1997 Beaver Patriot
3126B  CAT  
South Central FL
Logged Online
Private Message Reply: 5 - 7
Wayne Baumann
July 27, 2011, 1:58am Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Time Online: 7 days 6 hours 24 minutes
THANKS FOR THE HELP FROM ALL OF YOU   WAYNE AND EIDELLA BAUMANN
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 7
Tom and Pam Brown
July 27, 2011, 9:52pm Report to Moderator

1999 Beaver Marquis Tourmaline
BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Time Online: 24 days 10 hours 35 minutes
Wayne,

I would only suggest Stone Mountain.  Stay in the front area near the pool.  They even have decks and gas grills that they furnish the gas.  High falls is a state park and is OK.  Atlanta south is mainly a mobile home park, and I would not stay there myself.  We live about 30 miles from Stone Mountain, and they are our short weekend favorite!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

BAC Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Rv parks near airport at Atlanta, Ga

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread