Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Dash Gauges
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

BAC Forum    General Boards    Technical Support  ›  Dash Gauges Moderators: Gerald Farris

Dash Gauges  This thread currently has 853 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Bill Hurst
September 6, 2011, 10:43pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
I own a 2008 Patroit Thunder.  Got in MH on saturday and all dash gauges were not working , also LED display not working.  I can not trace to a fuse.  Does anyone have suggestions.   Also, I am going to Branson Rally next week.  Does anyone know if there will be anyone available to fix my problem
Richard And Babs Ames
September 7, 2011, 12:43am Report to Moderator

BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Time Online: 40 days 12 hours 23 minutes
What is your battery voltage?

1997 Beaver Patriot
3126B  CAT  
South Central FL
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 6
Bill Hurst
September 7, 2011, 1:27am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Battery fully chg. 13 plus.  Everything else operates: Trip Tec, Nav. system, smart wheel etc.
E-mail Reply: 2 - 6
Edward Buker
September 7, 2011, 2:52pm Report to Moderator

BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Time Online: 63 days 8 hours 49 minutes
I have never seen the dash or a schematic for an '08 Thunder. It would seem that there would be a common ground jumpered from gauge to gauge and a 12V supply possibly. Take a meter, and see if you are getting any voltage or ground connections. Sometimes the back of the gauges are marked with what the connections are for.  If it is just a common ground or a common 12V that are missing and they are all chained together, you could pick up a ground or 12V under the dash, and make a temporary bypass.

You might also call Navistar technical support or BCS, to see what connection point or source of this problem is likely.  It may be something more complicated, if this is some form of new multiplexed system.

Later Ed

Ed Buker
Lillian AL
2002 Beaver Marquis
Cat C12
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 6
Mike Nunn
September 7, 2011, 3:54pm Report to Moderator

BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 40 days 15 hours 48 minutes
We had  somewhat the same issue this summer, with our Contessa. The LED on the speedometer was out, gauges not working, or were erratic, But, our coach was actually shutting down. The problem was a loose ground wire, in the box by the battery cutoff. The tech said the ground ran from the ECM.  I have had no issues, since the loose wire was fixed.

Mike & Judy Nunn
'07 Contessa
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 6
Bill Hurst
September 9, 2011, 4:11am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Can not get anyone at Navistar to answer phone, in Tech department.  Should I buy a Monaco ??????
E-mail Reply: 5 - 6
Bill Hurst
September 29, 2011, 2:27am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Just wanted to post , that I found the problem with my dash gauges.  While in Branson MO, took my coach to Branson Motor Coach..  They in talking with Monoco found  that the mutiplex wiring from the coach bateries through an 80 amp. circuit breaker was fried or faulty.   Monoco has had problems with this breaker.   The breaker is located in the engine compartment.  inside box that has your big boy seloniod  There are severval other breakers  I am ordering some spares  just in case this happens again  This 80 amp breakers controls most mutiplex power in front 1/3 of coach  Branson Coach was great to work with and resonablale priced    Had great time in Branson
E-mail Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

BAC Forum    General Boards    Technical Support  ›  Dash Gauges

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread