Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Beaver Motorhome History
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

BAC Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Beaver Motorhome History Moderators: LarryNCarolynShirk

Beaver Motorhome History  This thread currently has 5,617 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Peter and Connie Bradish
December 6, 2011, 6:04pm Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Time Online: 6 days 8 hours 31 minutes
In agreement with Bill Sprague, I have created a Beaver Motorhome History on Google Websites. This is a history of the Beaver Motorhome NOT a history of BAC. This is a public website. Links go to Picasa Web Albums which are also public links. You can download information from these sites. Understand this is a website in construction. As I get to it or acquire more information, more things (schematics for the early years to 94, the interview from Mandy, etc) will be going up on the site. The website is:

https://sites.google.com/site/beavermotorhomehistory/home

The first material I have uploaded is our collection of brochures. This includes the ones we personally collected and the ones we scanned from those individuals who were kind enough to allow us to scan their personal collection of brochures thru the years. These individuals include employees of Beaver and Beaver Coach Sales in Bend, Oregon. The earliest brochure is from 1977.

Please look through the brochures. They are listed under the years when each company owned Beaver (Beaver, SMC, Monaco). PLEASE, if you have a brochure I do not have in the collection, PLEASE get me a copy, or let me make a copy/scan and place the brochure with the collection. In later years I am missing all of 2002, 2008, & 2009. The eventual goal is a complete set of brochures.

In 2007, BAC members graced the pages of the brochures. Does anyone know the name of the couple on the cover of the Marquis brochure? See the 2007 brochures for the photo. I know the other people and have labeled their photos.

So we now have a place to archive the history of Beaver Motorhome. Hope this will be a useful site for BAC members.

Connie Bradish                                                           

36 ft 1993 Contessa
Cummins 8.3 C 250hp now 300hp
Logged Offline
Private Message
Peter and Connie Bradish
December 15, 2011, 1:04am Report to Moderator
BAC Member
I have added a few things to the Beaver Motorhome History site: an article by J. D. Gallant from Spring 2003 called "A Retrospective on Safari and Beaver." I have also added some information called Team Host notes 1994. This contains information and pictures of the first Beaver homecoming.

The website is:

https://sites.google.com/site/beavermotorhomehistory/home

Connie Bradish

36 ft 1993 Contessa
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 9
LEAH DRAPER
December 15, 2011, 11:28pm Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Time Online: 13 days 17 hours 7 minutes
Peter and Connie
Have sent you some PT Thunder '99 information, should be receiving it before long (via US mail).

2008 Contessa (425 hp Cat) 38'
PT Cruiser/SMI braking
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 9
Dave Tanchak
December 16, 2011, 7:47pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Wow!! What a great site! I had never seen the brochure on my 98 Beaver, Thank you for doing this.!
E-mail Reply: 3 - 9
Phil Sales
December 17, 2011, 3:05pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Great job Connie! I too was happy to see the brochures, since I have a 2000 Marquis. The Blue one in the brochure is the same paint scheme as mine.

I'd love to find out the history behind mine. I bought it in March of 2010, The previous owner had bought it in 2007, and his title showed him as having bought it new. Seems like there was 7 yrs of life unaccounted for. It was ordered with many extras, king sized bed, air drivers seat, VIP toad brake system, and a mural of a huge eagle on the back.  We love it , but sure wonder where it was for 7 yrs.
E-mail Reply: 4 - 9
JimCasazze
December 17, 2011, 3:54pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Connie, the '99 Patriot Thunder brochure is our model and color exactly, down to the acrylic rock guard....  Thanks
Jim
E-mail Reply: 5 - 9
Peter and Connie Bradish
December 17, 2011, 7:37pm Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Glad everyone is enjoying the information.

Soupy 264, You might want to put a post on the forum and see if any present BAC member had that coach (Vin number would be useful). Check with Iris and see if she has any information about that Vin Number. Check the Motor Vehicle Department of Oregon or what ever state you think the coach might have been in and ask them for a history of that Vin number.  There are also sites up on the web which do Vin number searches. Looks like they are for pay.

Leah, Thank you. Information arrived. The 1999 Patriot Thunder information page is now up with the 1999 brochures. I have also created a Picasa web album for the Magnum Blue Diamond Technical Review brochure and the Magnum C-Series Chassis Owners Manual under the SMC years. While the website is not designed to be a technical site with lots of manuals/etc, I will put them up if I receive any.

Peter also was able to take the 2008 and 2009 brochures off the old Monaco web site. The 2008 is up on the history web site. We are still working on the 2009 hoping to get a useable copy. I am still looking for 2002 as I do not have those.

Remember the website is for the history of the Beaver Motorhome and its a web site in progress. Stuff gets put up when I have time.  If you have any information/pictures/brochures/etc about the Beaver Motorhome, I would appreciate a copy. I can scan it at a rally. We can work out a way to get a copy to me.

Thanks for all your help. Connie Bradish

36 ft 1993 Contessa
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 9
Jeremy Parrett
December 18, 2011, 1:14am Report to Moderator

BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Time Online: 68 days 7 hours 5 minutes
Great job Connie,
I will go through my brochures and see if I have one for our 2000 Marquis Amethyst .  
                  Best wishes,  Jeremy and Jane

Jeremy & Jane Parrett  
2000 Marquis Amethyst C12 455HP
2011 MCS
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype Reply: 7 - 9
Peter and Connie Bradish
December 19, 2011, 1:48pm Report to Moderator
BAC Member
Now up are the 2009 Beaver brochures and the 1984-1994 Service technicians schematics from Service Manuals sent out to service techs.

I still need 2002 brochures.  

Next I will be working on articles and the 1 hour audio from the seminar in Oregon on Beaver History.

Please visit the site                https://sites.google.com/site/beavermotorhomehistory/home    
and check it out.  Any help with information would be appreciated.

Hugs, Connie Bradish

36 ft 1993 Contessa
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 9
Jeremy Parrett
December 19, 2011, 4:12pm Report to Moderator

BAC Member
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Time Online: 68 days 7 hours 5 minutes
Hi Connie,
I am sorry to say I do not have the 2000 Marquis Amethyst Brochure.
  I found a 2003 in my files !!!  
                Keep up the good work !!  Jeremy .

Jeremy & Jane Parrett  
2000 Marquis Amethyst C12 455HP
2011 MCS
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

BAC Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Beaver Motorhome History

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread